Friday, January 15, 2016

My Gill Carrot

 
Fly Tying
My Gill Carrot
This pattern just kind of happened. Panfish around here love the color orange, rubber legs and flash so this is what I put together. I am glad I did this little fly has saved the day more time than I can count and is always in my boxes.
 
Materials
Hook size 10
1/8 brass bead
Thread 8/0 Orange
Rainbow flash
Purple rubber legs
Orange dubbing
 
 
 
 
 1. Place bead on hook and secure in vise.
 2. Start thread and wrap to the back.
 3. Tie on tail.
 4. Move thread up about 2/3.
 5. Tie on two rubber legs.
 6. Criss-cross pattern tight.
 7. Move thread back to the tail.
 8 Start dubbing the body.
 9. Gradually getting wider.
 10. Criss- crodd the dubbing over leg tie in poin a few times.
 11. Dub the front section.
 12. Trim legs
13. A dubbing need is very handy when separating legs. 
14. Whip finish and Enjoy.
 
Thanks Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment